Friday, August 8, 2008

The Best Decision I ever made

This will come as no surprise to anyone who would call themselves a “Christ Follower” that the best decision I or anyone else for that matter could make, would be to give their heart to Jesus having received the forgiveness of sin and being filled with his Holy Spirit.

This in-fact did happen to me in 1976 at the tender age of 13. It is the crowning achievement of my life and one decision, which will affect me for the rest of eternity. Equally profound would be to discover later that I was called to be His servant as a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and this leads me to the second part of this “best decision”. I said yes to His calling and in pursuit of it I have been on the most rewarding if not challenging journey of my life.

I count it a privilege and a serious responsibility to be a Pastor. What a blessed thing it is to see others discover through my influence the truth and revelation of Jesus offer for forgiveness and Lordship. Freedom from the ravages of sin and restored relationship with our creator, can it possibly get any better that that?

Once upon a time I stood at the most significant crossroad of my life. I am so glad I choose to sojourn on the narrow path. It really does lead to life and more important than my own life it leads to life now for others as I continue to obey.

Thank God he uses us in our imperfection and makes us perfect in Christ. I can do all things in Christ Jesus and I desire too. I will go on making good decisions… like this one…I will continue to daily surrender my life to Him.

I wonder how many more yeses I have in me before Jesus says, “well done my good and faithful servant” come on home my son.

Tears are welling up as I write this…I see home…but not yet ready to go…there is still so many to reach…I think this is a good decision too.

Want to make an IMPACT in the Portland Metro area?
Contact Pastor Tim at... impactinglives4jc@gmail.com

No comments: